Let’s get back to scouts!
Following on from our year and a bit on zoom it’s time to get back to the building for face to face scouting!
To allow for us all to get back to scouting, we have had to change a couple of things, but it’ll still be the Beavers and Cubs you enjoy. To start with we have changed the section times to help with cleaning between the sections meeting. There is now 15 minutes between Beavers and Cubs to allow the leaders to get ready for the next session but also to allow parents to pick up their Beavers without bumping into Cub parents.
Before the session
- Firstly, anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test should not come to any face-to face activities, and should follow government guidelines on self-isolation and testing.
- Make sure you are on the right week! Only turn up to your session. You will get a weekly reminder or check OSM or the events page on this website.
- Bring a water bottle. We won’t be providing drinks, so bring your own. No fizzy drinks or food please.
- Check if you are on the Parent Rota. We’ll send you the plan of the evening, so you’ll know what’s going on. Be ready, with a mask, to have some fun!
- If your young person want to bring their own anitbac they can, but we’ll have some ready.
- Beavers and Cubs do not need to wear a mask, but if you want to that is fine, bring along a clean one with you.
- Before you leave home go to the toilet and wash your hands! You can use the toilet in the building, but do go before just in case.
- Find your Uniform, knecker and bring the right amount of clothing! We live in Manchester, we know what the weather is like, but please bring a coat and extra layers just in case. We will be based outside so please be weather ready!
There’s no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing!
- On arrival & departure to the building we expect all adults & Young Leaders to be wearing facemasks even when we’re outside.
- Walk or cycle if you can. This will reduce and amount of cars and people around the building car park. Please remember not to share lifts with others outside your household/bubble.
- There will be a drop off desk to sign in at. Here you will confirm there is no one in your household with symptoms. The young person will antibac their hands and join in the session.
- A Leader will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
- We will set up the field ready for an outside session. Each young person will have a space to stand / sit.
- Each young person will be able to use a activity pack if needed for the session.
- All games and activities will run with social distancing and limited equipment sharing. The activities we plan will enable this, but it relies on the Beavers and Cubs to make sure they are actively distancing too.
- Any necessary first aid will be attempted while keeping distance, but if contact is necessary masks and gloves will be worn. Please keep local during the session, as we may ask you to come and collect your young person from the session early.
- If your intrigued to what is going on, why don’t you volunteer for a session to see what’s happening, you’ll have fun!
- Please stay by your car / at a distance. We will send the young person to you or ask you to come closer when the time is right. Please try and be on time.
- Any questions please do ask the leader, but remember to wear a mask and to keep to social distancing rules.
- If you or anyone develops symptoms following a session please inform the group as we need to track and trace as outlined by government.
With this plan in action we can get scouts back together face to face. Our full risk assessment for the return can be found here.
If you have any concerns or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us.